Friday, February 15, 2008

Inspiration link roundup

Teacher's quilt from Pink Chalk studio.

Mini quilt featured on Sew Mama Sew.

How to make a new ironing board cover.

How to make a rice pillow at Wise Craft. I need to make some of these. When Erin had an ear infection I put some rice in an old clean sock, tied it up and warmed it up in the microwave. She drew a face on it and calls it her "Socky". A pretty rice pillow would be nice.

Cute bunny pillow pocket tutorial. You could adapt something like this for the tooth fairy. I was lame and didn't create a cute tooth fairy pillow or pouch for Erin's first two teeth, but we've got lots more to go, so there's still time.

The bunny pillow reminded me of the cute felt mice I had seen a while ago at Molly Chicken. Mine came out a bit funny as I was very new to sewing, I used "fake" felt instead of wool felt, and I probably should have enlarged the pattern a bit. Here's a cute version done at Pink Chalk Studio.

How to recycle old crayons. Just got one of these silicone mini heart pans at Michaels. Read the comments on this one. These would be cute birthday party favors.

No comments: