Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Set clocks ahead, check smoke alarms

This is a good time to check your smoke alarms. Our smoke alarm worked for us this week. I had set my dishwasher to delay start and run during the night. After we went to bed, the kitchen smoke alarm went off. Rene and I ran downstairs and could smell something burning. We quickly realized it was the dishwasher. Long story short, there was an electrical fire starting in the wires of the dishwasher door. I don't want to think about what would have happened if our smoke alarm was not working!

Happy daylight savings!

1 comment:

EHT said...

Glad everything turned out ok.....I stopped by to let you know about the Georgia Carnival---a place for folks who live in Ga. to submit posts and share their sites. I also maintain a blogroll for Georgians and I would like to have your blog on it. The site is http://mymindisongeorgia.blogspot.com

my email is gamind@mail.com