Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Winter!

Lauren has been learning about the seasons at preschool and for the past two months every day she asks, "What season is it?" and "What season is tomorow?" I think she was getting frustrated that my answer was always fall. Today I was happy to report it was winter! Hooray!

The ear infections seem much better. My parents flew in on Tuesday, and yesterday was Erin's last day of school. Today is Rene's last day of work until the new year. So it feels like Christmas. It's remarkably calm here, which is good. I need to work hard at not getting the girls over excited and keeping to a good sleeping schedule. I want them to remember this is a time to enjoy your family, not a time of getting presents. I'm inspired by this post and this post to keep the season simple, sweet and special.

No comments: