Friday, October 14, 2005

Now he's really gone :(

Rene finished his training & early Thursday morning we all took him to the airport. We didn't bother calling a cab this time. :) We all miss daddy very much. Erin's teacher called me Thursday morning at 10:30 am. She said Erin was very sad & missed her daddy. So we both agreed that Erin could probablly use some one on one mom time. So I picked up Erin at noon (carefully sneaking past the baby room so Lauren wouldn't see me). She got a haircut (she loves haircuts), we had lunch out (quesadillas), and then a nap together. When we woke up, we took Jake for a walk and then we picked up Lauren. Erin seemed to be happy with her afternoon with mommy.

Today, Jake had a deep teeth cleaning appt at the vet, along with a spinal xray. He needed anasthesia for both of these. When I picked him up, he was out of it. He could barely get into the car, and I practically had to carry him out of the car. Lifting 88 pounds of golden retriever is a bit of a workout! : ) He spit up a little when we got home, and he's been sleeping ever since. I did manage to give him a little rice with a painkiller in it. The vet warned me that Jake might drink too much water since he might be dehydrated. He barely lifted his head to eat, and had no interest in the water.

The girls and I had a good evening, watching Barbie Swan Lake and eating popcorn. Lauren is starting to talk more. Like Erin was, Lauren seems advanced in some ways, can communicate very well, but is stubborn to talk. But we're seeing signs of improvement. When the popcorn was popping, she kept saying "pop!" She can say "Pooh" for Winnie the Pooh, and can say "Ella", one of her friends at school. This in addition to her standard repertoire of Mommy. Dada, Nana, baby, bye bye, etc. We're making progress!

I'm suddenly feeling stressed out because of the move, probably because I only have a week to organize things before the packers come. So, I'm guessing these posts will not be too frequent.

We put Jake on the plane on October 22nd. The vet gave me a mild tranquilizer for Jake. Rene will pick up Jake in Atlanta. He'll either put Jake in a kennel or might approach a co-worker who has a few dogs if Jake could stay with them for a week.

The packers come on Monday October, 24th and then again on the 25th. The girls and I leave on Thursday, October 27th. We'll go to NY and have Halloween at Nana & PopPop's. Then we'll fly to NY with my friend Robbin on November 2nd. Hopefully, we can get into the house November 3rd.

Yikes! Lots to do.

No comments: