Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas in Georgia

Hey y'all. We had a great Christmas in Georgia. We had prime rib for Rene's birthday on the 23rd, salmon on Christmas Eve and a big ol Turkey yesterday. A few neighbors dropped by baked goods over the past few days to welcome us to the neighborhood, so we've been eating well!

Christmas Eve we put out reindeer food on the lawn, and left out milk and cookies for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer. We watched polar express which was fun. Erin and Lauren went to bed early, which is a good thing, because Santa won't come if you're awake!

Lauren woke up at 5 Christmas morning. I took her into bed. Closer to 6, we heard a loud beeping noise. Rene was running around trying to figure it out. It was Erin's alarm clark, she must have played with the buttons. He yanked it out of the wall, and it still continued to beep (battery backup). Finally we silenced it. Erin slept through all that but she soon woke up and we went down stairs to see that Santa had come! Erin was very excited. Finally we told her she could get Nana and PopPop. She ran up into their room and said "Santa came! Santa came!" Erin's big gift was a huge princess tent that fits two sleeping bags in it. Erin and Lauren spent a good part of the day lying in the tent in the playroom. Lauren got a tricyle, so now she can ride a bike just like the other kids on the block! Hooray! We also have a slew of Polly Pockets and their dam teeny tiny shoes all over the place.

We had decided to go to an 11 am mass on Christmas at St. Mary's. That was the most convenient time. The church was not the one we go to every week. I took my parents and Erin. Lauren was fussy, so Rene stayed behind with her. I saw St. Mary's school, and next to that everyone was piling into the church parking lot. We went in, sat down, and started singing the usual Christmas carols. 10 minutes in, my mother looked at the bulletin. We realized we were not in St. Mary's, but a Methodist church. We sang a few more songs, but Erin was getting antsy, so we left, walked across the stree to St. Mary's. My parents went into Mass, and I stayed in the lobby with Erin. She saw her friend Claire from school there. So we got two church services for the price of one. Why St. Mary's school is not next to St. Mary's church, I don't know, but it threw me for a loop!

Today my childhood friend Kara and her two children come to visit overnight. Kara's in-laws live not too far away in South Carolina.

I forgot to mention earlier that Nana got to witness Lauren's first haircut! Lauren still does not have as much hair as her younger cousins Lara and Samantha, but it needed a little cleaning up. She did not enjoy her haircut, but she looks cute now. Will try to post some pictures soon. Erin loves haircuts and happily got hers cut.

Hope all our friends and family had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Adelaide said...

Merry After Christmas to all of you from The Daley's in Lafayette.

I misplaced your web page address and just came across it. Hope you received our Christmas card...if not yet, you should receive it by tomorrow.

So happy to read about what's going on there in Georgia.

Both Warren and I are just fine. We had most of the family here yesterday for Christmas. Diane and Tom and their boys were unable to make it because Ben was sick...still not feeling too well. (If you recall, they are the ones who live in Placerville.) We had a great Christmas and probably ate way too much. No food for awhile now!

Ruby is not doing very well at all. She has been in and out of the hospital for the last few months...but yesterday, Christmas, she had a serious stroke and is in intensive care ...the prognosis does not look good. No of us really knew up to a month ago how old she is...but found out she is 87. (Kind of a surpise) Please pray for her. I will keep you informed.

The people who bought your house (???) still have not moved in. I am wondering what the delay is. Do you know anything?

There does not seem to be too much else going on. We painted our house...(yes, Warren and I have just about finished...except for the garage side (west side) and now with our Contra Costa fog, it looks like we will have to delay it for quite a while. I will send you a picture sometime soon.

We have not had too much snow up at our mountain place...although they had several inches today. We are planning to drive up there on Wednesday. Warren's birthday is tomorrow and he has reached that marvelous '70' mark. Seeing I am a long ways from that number, I can say that!

Love to you both and also to the girls. Give them a great big hug and will visit again before not too long. Love, Adelaide and Warren