Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's official

It's official, this must be home! Both girls have now thrown up in their new house. :(

On Saturday at 2:00, I left Rene and the girls to drive to Woodstock, GA, outside Atlanta, to visit my childhood friend, Kara. She was throwing a surprise 40th birthday party for her husband, Walt. The party was fun. It was great to see Kara and Walt and their two cute kids, Samantha and Sean. I slept in the bonus room. At 8:30 the next morning, Rene called me on my cell phone. Erin had been getting sick all night. So I hightailed it out of there and was back home by lunchtime. Erin still wasn't feeling well, but seemed better by bedtime. We stayed home from school on Monday just to be sure. Rene did a good job while mom was away.

It's official, Oprah rules the world!

At Walt's birthday party, the drink of choice was a pomegranate martini, the "Oprah" recipe. I guess Oprah had talked about these on her show, and everyone knew about them. Kara's friend, Amy, aka "Martini Girl", said that stores were suffering a run on pomegranate juice since Oprah talked about the recipe. I haven't watched Oprah in a while, but I have a feeling if she told everyone to run out and buy combat boots, there'd be a run on them.

It's official, I must be a SAHM (stay at home mom)

I've been stamping. One of the mom's from the mom's club invited me over to learn how to "stamp". You use rubber stamps, paper, markers to create notecards. She was creating notecards as Christmas gifts. I have to admit, it was kind of fun. I may attempt it on my own in the future. I don't feel this is as intense as scrapbooking seems to be. That seems to be another whole subculture. If I attempt scrapbooking, I'll know for sure I'm a SAHM.

No comments: